The Khaptad National Park spreads over the trans-Himalayan and the Mahabharata region in Sudurpaschim Province of Wild West Nepal. The park is famous for its rich biodiversity and unparalleled natural sceneries. It is the junction of four districts- Achham, Bajhang, Bajura and Doti. Khaptad National Park is one of the best trekking zones in Nepal, often known as a hidden treasure in Far western Nepal. The region has not yet got enough attention so that the untouched land of Khaptad is lag behind in the tourism development. The journey all the way up to the Khaptad will be the best life experiences. Khaptad is the ideal place for the mindfulness experience to feel the ecstasy in the lap of Mother Nature and to enhance inner peace so therefore it is often called as a mystical land of Nepal.
Khaptad offers you beautiful landscapes, green lush meadows, moorlands, steep slopes and small water streams. 567 species of flora have been recorded in this protected area, including rhododendron forest (national flower of Nepal). The park location will give you a magnificent view of the API and Saipal Himalayan range.
Despite all the beauty of Khaptad region, the region carries a spiritual history. Khaptad Baba a medical Doctor graduated from England first came and settled here and he meditated here for a long time and worked out in herbs. In the middle of the park, there lies an Ashram of Khaptad Baba.
The region is also popular for wild animals. Among 23 mammalian species of the park are leopards, Himalayan Black bear, wild dog and musk deer. The park is the home for 287 species of birds. You may be fortunate to see the wild animals and birds throughout your journey.
Outline Itinenary & Map
Arrival in Kathmandu
Kathmandu sightseeing and trek preparation
Kathmandu to Dhangadhi to Raaika Farmhouse
Raaika Farmhouse to Baghlekh to Bichpani
Bichpani to Khaptad
Full day Excursion in Khaptad
Khaptad to Jhigrana
Jhigrana to Baghlekh to Raaika Farmhouse
Dipayal to Mahendranagar
Suklaphanta National Park (Jungle Safari)
Mahendranagar to Dhangadhi to Kathmandu (Flight)
Note: The itinerary can be customized as per your requirements.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis for the total number of nights at respected Hotels/Lodges
- Accompanying Nepalese tour escort who speaks English language or other as per the requirement for the whole tour
- All the transfer and sightseeing by Air-conditioned transport.
- Monument entrance fees as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Only breakfast for cultural tours package.
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner for trekking and Jungle safari.
- 01 bottle of Mineral water per person per day.
- All government taxes as on date.
- Local staff insurance
- Guide insurance
Price Not Includes
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Any expenses of personnel nature for e.g. telephone calls, laundry, table drinks, etc.
- Any Tips to Bell Boys and at Restaurants, Guides, Drivers, & Trekking Staffs.
- Any Entrance Fees for Camera & Video Camera at the monuments.
- Any other services not mentioned above.
- Cost of any emergency evacuation, strikes, etc.
- Any Mandatory Christmas or New Year Eve supplement as levied by the hotels.
- Any Airfare (Domestic & International)
- Guide and Driver Tips
R R Ramkrishnan
Visited on 2nd September, 2019
Our family (9 pax) came for vacation to Nepal on 7th of August 2004. The Tour Experience was excellent! Pakka. The service company (Raaika) provided to us was more than we expected, they provided us transport facilities complimentary to few places, which we decided to visit on our arrival only. Their welcome on our arrival at the airport made us feel really comfortable. Through out our trip we were taken care of. Stay in Pokhara, walk to lakeside market, the early morning Mountain Flight in Kathmandu and visit to Bhaktapur all was exciting and nice.
2 - 14 Pax
Trip Starts From: