Api Nampa Conservation Area is one of the remotest areas of Nepal. Endowed in natural beauty the region has a lot to offer. The great Mahakali River, steep gorges, waterfalls, and pine forest, green meadows, open pasture land, and Mt. Api itself (7132 m). The highest peak of the Far western Nepal.
The thing does not just end here because the region is popular for cultural diversity, Sauka people who live in their traditional villages such as Changrue in the Himalayas. Local people of the region make their living by animal husbandry and trade. Recently the area has become popular for collecting Yarshagumba, a fungus that grows on the moth of the larva. This the popular traditional medicine found at the high altitude of grassland.
Outline Itinenary & Map
Arrival in Kathmandu
Kathmandu – Dhangadhi (Flight 50min) – Dadeldhura (4/5 hour) on Drive
Dadeldhura to Gokuleshwar 4/5 hour
Gokuleshwar to Latinath (1,004 m) 2 hours’ drive and trek to Paribagar (1,770m) 1-2 hour
Trek from Paribagar to Makarigadi (1,470 m) 5 hours
Trek from Makrigadd to Siti (2,254 m) 8 hour
Trek from Siti to Domal (2,950 m) 7 hour
Trek from Domal to Dhaulo Odar (Lower Api Base Camp) (3800 m) 5 hour
Trek from Dhaulo Odar to Api Base Camp (4250 m) Back to Dhaulo Odar
Trek from Dhaulo Odar t Siti 6 hours
Trek from Siti to Makrigaad 6 hours
Trek from Makarigaad to Latinath 4 hour and drive to Gokuleshwar 2 hour
Drive from Gokuleshwar to Dhangadhi 8 hour
Dhangadhi to Kathmandu
Note: The itinerary can be customized as per your requirements.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis for the total number of nights at respected Hotels/Lodges
- Accompanying Nepalese tour escort who speaks English language or other as per the requirement for the whole tour
- All the transfer and sightseeing by Air-conditioned transport.
- Monument entrance fees as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Only breakfast for cultural tours package.
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner for trekking and Jungle safari.
- 01 bottle of Mineral water per person per day.
- All government taxes as on date.
- Local staff insurance
- Guide insurance
Price Not Includes
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Any expenses of personnel nature for e.g. telephone calls, laundry, table drinks, etc.
- Any Tips to Bell Boys and at Restaurants, Guides, Drivers, & Trekking Staffs.
- Any Entrance Fees for Camera & Video Camera at the monuments.
- Any other services not mentioned above.
- Cost of any emergency evacuation, strikes, etc.
- Any Mandatory Christmas or New Year Eve supplement as levied by the hotels.
- Any Airfare (Domestic & International)
- Guide and Driver Tips
R R Ramkrishnan
Visited on 2nd September, 2019
Our family (9 pax) came for vacation to Nepal on 7th of August 2004. The Tour Experience was excellent! Pakka. The service company (Raaika) provided to us was more than we expected, they provided us transport facilities complimentary to few places, which we decided to visit on our arrival only. Their welcome on our arrival at the airport made us feel really comfortable. Through out our trip we were taken care of. Stay in Pokhara, walk to lakeside market, the early morning Mountain Flight in Kathmandu and visit to Bhaktapur all was exciting and nice.
Hotel, Tea House
2 - 14 Pax
Trip Starts From: