Rara Lake is the biggest Lake of Nepal, Trekking route from Rara to the Khaptad is Phenomenal. The outstanding trekking trail passes through the green lush forest, river and village. Rara & Khaptad carries unique scenery which is the pristine gift of nature. These two beautiful places are the gems of Wild West Nepal. Stunning night sky and sunrise, sunsets can be observed during the trek.
Despite all the beauty of Khaptad region, the region carries a spiritual history. Khaptad Baba a medical Doctor graduated from England first came and settled here and he meditated here for a long time and worked out in herbs. In the middle of the park, there lies an Ashram of Khaptad Baba.
Rara Lake Trip is one of the leading places in Nepal to see natural life. Rara Lake journey is found within the Rara National Park. Lies in the heart of Mugu District and lesser explored region of Nepal. Rara Lake lies at an altitude above 2,990 meters (9,810 ft) above sea level covering an area of 10.8 km2. The Lake has a length of 5 kilometres and a width of 3 kilometres has a maximum depth of 167 meters.
The place is ideal for the nature lover. There are possibly 20 species of warm blooded wild life. You will see Ghoral, Serow, Himalayan Dark bear, clouded panther, musk deer and the uncommon Red Panda. With Raaika Tours Traveler can explore the real beauty of Wild West Nepal and experience the unique quality of Nature.
Outline Itinenary & Map
Arrival in Kathmandu
Nepalgunj Talcha Airport Rara Lake (2980m)
Excursion around Rara Lake (2980m)
Rara Lake - Serkot (2041m)
Serkot – Jugala (1141m)
Jungala - Kolti (1453m)
Kolti – Parekh Lekh (2706m)
Parekh lekh – Martadi (1580m)
Martadi – Dhuralsen (1,625m)
Dhuralsen – Laske Chaur (2450m)
Laske Chaur – Khaptad (3063m)
Excursion at Khaptad (3063m)
Khaptad – Beechpani - Jhigrana – Silgahdi - Kalagad
Kalagad Dadeldhura Dhangadhi
Dhangadhi to Kathmandu
Note: The itinerary can be customized as per your requirements.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis for the total number of nights at respected Hotels/Lodges
- Accompanying Nepalese tour escort who speaks English language or other as per the requirement for the whole tour
- All the transfer and sightseeing by Air-conditioned transport.
- Monument entrance fees as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Only breakfast for cultural tours package.
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner for trekking and Jungle safari.
- 01 bottle of Mineral water per person per day.
- All government taxes as on date.
- Local staff insurance
- Guide insurance
Price Not Includes
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Any expenses of personnel nature for e.g. telephone calls, laundry, table drinks, etc.
- Any Tips to Bell Boys and at Restaurants, Guides, Drivers, & Trekking Staffs.
- Any Entrance Fees for Camera & Video Camera at the monuments.
- Any other services not mentioned above.
- Cost of any emergency evacuation, strikes, etc.
- Any Mandatory Christmas or New Year Eve supplement as levied by the hotels.
- Any Airfare (Domestic & International)
- Guide and Driver Tips
R R Ramkrishnan
Visited on 2nd September, 2019
Our family (9 pax) came for vacation to Nepal on 7th of August 2004. The Tour Experience was excellent! Pakka. The service company (Raaika) provided to us was more than we expected, they provided us transport facilities complimentary to few places, which we decided to visit on our arrival only. Their welcome on our arrival at the airport made us feel really comfortable. Through out our trip we were taken care of. Stay in Pokhara, walk to lakeside market, the early morning Mountain Flight in Kathmandu and visit to Bhaktapur all was exciting and nice.
Hotel + Tea House
Trip Starts From: