Upper Dolpo is a remote area which is situated to the north of Dhaulagiri mountain range. This isolated region offers unique natural beauty to another level that one can experience in their lifetime. The vast region of Karnali is naturally and culturally rich. The region is blessed with ample natural resources. It has an abundance of green lush meadows, subalpine and alpine forest and snow-covered mountain. The wilderness of this region is also the home to snow leopard, blue sheep, mountain musk deer and many more.
Yaks, mules and horses are the major means of transportation of this region where road exists only a few kilometres in lower Dolpo. So to reach there trekking is only the way to reach there.
Outline Itinenary & Map
Arrival in Kathmandu
Kathmandu to Nepalgunj to Jhupal (2400 m) to Dunai (2150m)
Trek to the Ankhe (2600m) 6 Hours
Ankhe (2600m) to Sulighat
Sulighat to Phoksundo Lake (3611m) 5-6 hours
Acclimatization and rest at Phoksundo Lake 5-6 hours
Trek to Phoksundo Khola (3750 m) 5-6 hours
Phoksundo Bhanjyang (4717 m) 6-7 hours
Shey Gompa (4500m) via Kangla-pass (5360m) 5-6 hours
Acclimatization and rest at Shey Gompa
Trek to Shey Gompa - Namduna Gaun (4800m)
Trek from Namdauna Gaun to Saldang (3620m) 4-5 hours
Saldang to Yangee Gompa (4960m) 4-5 hours
Yange Gompa to Sibu (4560m) 6-7 hours
Sibu o Jeng –la Phedi (4900m) 5-6 hours
Tokyu Gaun (4209m) via Sengla Pass (5090m) 5-6 hours
Tokyu to Dho Tarap (4040m) 4-5 hours
Rest data Dho Tarap
Trek from Dho Tarap to Trap Khola (Kamakharka) (3800m)
Trek from Tarap Khola to Khanigaun (3150m)
Trek from Khanigaun to Tarakot (2537m)
Tarakot to Dunai
Dunai to Juphal
Fly from Jupal to Nepalgunj to Ktm
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis for the total number of nights at respected Hotels/Lodges
- Accompanying Nepalese tour escort who speaks English language or other as per the requirement for the whole tour
- All the transfer and sightseeing by Air-conditioned transport.
- Monument entrance fees as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Only breakfast for cultural tours package.
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner for trekking and Jungle safari.
- 01 bottle of Mineral water per person per day.
- All government taxes as on date.
- Local staff insurance
- Guide insurance
Price Not Includes
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Any expenses of personnel nature for e.g. telephone calls, laundry, table drinks, etc.
- Any Tips to Bell Boys and at Restaurants, Guides, Drivers, & Trekking Staffs.
- Any Entrance Fees for Camera & Video Camera at the monuments.
- Any other services not mentioned above.
- Cost of any emergency evacuation, strikes, etc.
- Any Mandatory Christmas or New Year Eve supplement as levied by the hotels.
- Any Airfare (Domestic & International)
- Guide and Driver Tips
R R Ramkrishnan
Visited on 2nd September, 2019
Our family (9 pax) came for vacation to Nepal on 7th of August 2004. The Tour Experience was excellent! Pakka. The service company (Raaika) provided to us was more than we expected, they provided us transport facilities complimentary to few places, which we decided to visit on our arrival only. Their welcome on our arrival at the airport made us feel really comfortable. Through out our trip we were taken care of. Stay in Pokhara, walk to lakeside market, the early morning Mountain Flight in Kathmandu and visit to Bhaktapur all was exciting and nice.
2 - 14 Pax
Trip Starts From: